GATERON OPTICAL SWITCHES
Gateron Optical switches feel a little like linear mechanical switches (no tactile bump) but a bit smoother. This is because there isn't a leaf so there isn't any friction. Instead, optical switches use a light beam to sense when the switch passes through it (actuates) which means quicker response rates than mechanical switches. Optical switches also usually last twice as much as mechanical switches with a lifespan of up to 100 million keystrokes.
Manufactured with clear casings, Gateron Switches have quickly become one of the most sought-after names in the keyboard community. Gateron Switches use copper contact leafs and soft plastic stems, making for an unparalleled, smooth typing experience. Gateron Blacks come with a 50g linear (no tactile) feedback. For those looking for a bit more tactile feedback, there are the clicky 55g Blues with a notably high actuation point and the 45g tactile Browns.
Gateron switches are popular around the world for their durability and distinct tactile and sonic characteristics. We offer the Gateron Optical switches, which have a much smoother press than traditional Gateron switches and have a longer lifespan of 100 million keystrokes.
- The Gateron Blue switch gives a tactile sensation and sound, with a noticeable bump with each press to ensure every keystroke is on point.
- The Gateron Red switch is a linear switch that presses smoothly down without any bump or clicks in between presses. This also means a much quieter typing sound that is perfect for the office workspace.
- The Gateron Brown switch is a tactile switch like the Gateron Blue switch, but with a much quieter sound for sound-sensitive environments. Many see the Brown switch as an in-between of the Blue and Red switches.
- The Gateron Black switch is a linear switch like that of the Gateron Red switch but has a heavier feel. This means you will feel a little more resistance as you press down than the Gateron Red switch, and is a perfect match for heavy typers who want confidence with every stroke.
- The Gateron Yellow switch. Similar to the Red linear Gateron switch, the Yellow requires slightly lighter pressure at 5g more actuation force of 50g. Also a fast response and quiet switch without a tactile bump suitable for gaming.
This product is shipped from our suppliers. Our suppliers are based worldwide so delivery may take slightly longer. They also follow rigorous quality checks before an item is sent to you. These items typically arrive within 10-30 days of purchase.